Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Nature weeds out the stupids

independent.com
But, unfortunately, the stupids can ruin other's lives! Read this guest post from my brother, Russ, a professional bus driver.

A couple weeks ago I witnessed an unbelievable event in downtown Minneapolis.
I (and my bus) were behind one other bus in lane 2 of a 4 lane street. I knew by many years of timing that I had a green light about to pop. On the left side of the street, at the crosswalk, at the curb, I saw a lady staring into a "palm pilot" or some such thing, about to walk off the curb to cross the busy intersection; against the "don't walk" sign, against the red light!!! She did not bother to look up at the warning, nor did she look left or right. She just kept walking as the green lights lit for my forward and oncoming traffic. Thankfully, all traffic kept stopped. I was furious. Nobody blasted their horn at this idiot. I finally blasted my horn from behind the bus in front of me, trying to draw her attention to her moronic behavior, but to no avail. She just kept staring into this "thing"! Crossing the entire 4 lane street, she never looked up from her device, even after she blended into a crowd of people on the other side of the street, waiting for a bus. I wanted to jump out of my bus and grab that damn device and smash it to the ground. I would have been fired.
        I don't know what to say except that "nature weeds out the stupids", but if someone ran her over, who knows who would be blamed. Bus drivers would certainly be fired for a pedestrian accident, no matter who was at fault. It's not fair, and I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it for myself.
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment