Sunday, October 27, 2013

I Wanted Trees, Now I have Leaves!

This is a guest post by my wife, Mary. You can read more of her blog at the links provided below or in my sidebar:

Saturday, October 26, 2013

I Wanted Trees, Now I have Leaves!

My husband and I sold our home and moved into an older mobile home with a fabulous yard and lots of trees.  I'm still not sure what kinds of trees and bushes are growing everywhere, accept for the Russian Olive tree (I'm already sneezing just looking at it). I love trees, bushes, and flowers, so much that I couldn't even explain how excited I was to move here.  

As you look out my back door, all you can see are mixtures of colored leaves falling from the trees.



I don't think like a normal person, I am so excited to see all those leaves, even though it means that I will have to physically move them around.  I want to return them back to the soil and work them in for their natural nutrients.   



Now I'm also looking at the other trees hovering over our yard and thinking I had better get started  because there are a lot more leaves to fall!



For now I will cover the side garden spots and wait for springtime to work them into the soil.



I've got a lot of work to do to clean this yard up the way I want to.



As I'm raking the leaves, I'm giggling inside thinking about falling on the pile and rolling around, making a mess, and not caring about the appearance of a grown woman acting like a child . 

\

My husband likes everything neat and trim.  He mowed and recycled all of the clippings in the neighborhood container.  I drive him crazy with all of the silly and ridiculous ideas I come up with and never finish.   But, that's what gives great relationships substance.  Right?



What a great guy I married, he works so hard, always does what he is supposed to, and never gives up.  On the other hand, I'm like a naughty little BUM.  I make messes and try to create things all over the house, and he just puts up with all of it.  I love him a lot!




Enjoy the beautiful fall colors, and all of the fallen leaves.
 
http://flavorsofmyrainbow.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment