Wednesday, January 13, 2016

People can't comment without insult?

I got this comment from a reader on a post I did in 2013 about my experience using the early Smart Shift Automatic transmission. This guy felt it necessary to tell me I was "dumb". In fact, I did another review of the D12 Automated Manual about 6 months later, it was a good experience and I wrote about it. The links to both posts are below, if you'd like to read them.
  1. I'm 21, and I learned to operator tractor trailers when I was 14, because my father owns an O/O company. All I ever knew was older models, 1985-2002s, and I think you're being dumb. I found a CDL School that allowed me to just take the test for way cheaper rather than doing the unnecessary learning bullshit. They gave me
    2 attempts to do everything, and I passed it in one shot, easily. The weird thing is, that they had automatic trucks, and I had never in my life used one until that day. I have to say, it was fairly easy to use. To be very honest with you from perspective, I've been all over the country with my father as a kid, teen, and to this day, oh hell I even work for his owner op company now.... but as I'm saying, I think in my opinion, a truck is a truck and I don't care if it's a 9, a 10, a super 10, 13, or even an 18 speed, i will drive it if assigned to me. Before you say anything about my age or whatever it is you feel, I've operated most of today's Manuel transmissions, over the course of these years, and I feel as long as they stay within a safe measure, I could care less what I'm driving. At the end of the day, I'm more worried that I'm going to have to fix the darn thing or even change some tires for no pay, just for the fact that I respect my father enough too. Stop complaining and keep learning on HOW to keep safe, because just because you aren't used to it, doesn't mean it shouldn't be on the road. I've met so many people, and it really astounds me that so many are hating auto transmissions. I understand for the maintainence, but really for safety? It's fine, just master it. If you prefer the manual, then go ahead, but not everyone is like you. I could care less what kind of transmission it is, as I learn to use it, and can operate safely and properly, I'm fine. I've only ever used them a handful of times, but honestly who cares. Got my CDL when I was 18, and I could give 2 craps


    1. I'm being "dumb"? I wrote an article that expressed my opinion of the Smart Shift Automatic. Everyone can have their own opinion, I don't have any problem with that. If you click on the attached link to another post I did about 6 months later on the DT12 Automated Manual, my opinion changed after experiencing the much better control and ease of use.

      Comments are welcome, but I don't know why you feel the need to insult, Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment