I can honestly say that this is a book I will remember for the rest of my life. I happened across it while looking for an interesting ebook to borrow and read from my local library on-line. After I started on it, it was a struggle to even put the Kindle down!
It’s about a Navy Seal who was a member of Team Six before that team killed Usama Bin Ladin in 2011. It’s not a typical Seal or Green Beret book, of which many are very good. It's a true full biography of the life and times of Adam Brown. Born in Arkansas in 1974, Adam overcame seemingly impossible obstacles to rise to true greatness.
And, when I say true, I mean true. There is no embellishment, enhancement or distortion of the facts to make it an “interesting” read. There are far too many actual witnesses to events. The author, Blehm, actually interviewed many dozens of family, friends, neighbors, superiors and teammates. He quotes the transcripts of statements given by witnesses. Thoroughly researched and documented, the author was relentless in getting a complete and accurate story.
This biography will bring out all the emotions: happiness, sadness, fear, disgust, anger, surprise, jubilation and yes, tears. And I did say anger. You will be angry with Adam. You will be inspired by Adam. And you will feel the deepest respect for Adam. I just don’t want to spoil the read by saying too much.
This book will move and inspire you, I promise. Like I said, I’d like to say more, but don’t want to spoil it! You will have a hard time putting it down. If you decide to read it, I would refrain from reading reviews and be prepared for an amazing true story of a real modern day hero and the surprises that will come. One of the finest books I have ever read. Available as an audiobook for all you road drivers out there! Comments are certainly welcome, but please don't give out too many details for those considering reading it. I went into it without knowing the outcome and the twists and turns of his life through the book were so extraordinary!
Links to other of my book reviews:



No comments:
Post a Comment