Follow by Email

Monday, December 31, 2012

Twas Two Days Before Christmas


Following is a guest post written by my wife, Mary. From our family to yours. You can check out her blog and tutorial by linking to it in my sidebar “Flavors of my Rainbow” Happy New Year to all and we wish you the best in the future!

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2012

Twas Two Days Before Christmas


Twas two days before Christmas, and all through my brain, not a silent word muttered through the blustery snow and rain.

The garbage cans blew down the street in a fury, I cringed at the horrible thought in a hurry. 

This Babe was all nestled all snug in her sack, 

While Mommie took Baby to snuggle her back.

When out in the Man cave there arose such a clatter,I turned from my stove to see what was the matter,
Yelling, screaming, and stomping, I shortly discover, A touch down! A touch down! I need to recover.


I run for the deck, out the door I must go, 10" of snow to push from below.

When what to my tearing eyes should appear, Two legs without feet, can it be a reindeer?

With a little old tug, and a sound like "Yogi", I knew in a moment, it must be Sogi!


I hustle and bustle to run after trouble, two winks and I'm down, but she's like a bubble.  A towel flew around her with giggling and growl,

I then saw a site, and let out a HOWL!
Go Carter, on Cody, on chair "hurry, hurry", To the top of the ledge, to the top of the roof, 
Now grab that ball, nab that ball, save it from the fall!  If Granny should get it before Carters sprawl,  She'll sure-ly toss it, from across the hall.


With all the bouncing of balls on the wall,  I suddenly hear blissful SILENCE in all.  
The dinner is ready, come eat the spaghetti, with love in our hearts, we give thanks for our parts in  eating, and laughing, and loving, this season, we wish all the best of a fabulous reason: 

We love one another, and give thanks for our blessings.

As we sent off our guests and accounted the mess,
"Happy Christmas to All, and to All a Merry New Year"!


No comments:

Post a Comment