Thursday, August 30, 2012

Study Abroad, Mormon Style - Afraid of a Mormon President?

Afraid of a Mormon President? This is a re-post from a few months ago, an interesting read about the real lives of Mormons, especially now that we have a Presidential candidate who is one. As a cheese-head from Wisconsin, I've lived and worked among them for 19 years. Heck, I even married one!
A little off the Trucking subject, but,
If you've ever wondered what happens on a Mormon's two year mission, this is a very accurate and informative article published in the New York Times.  I moved from Wisconsin to Salt Lake City in 1993 and really didn't know anything about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons).  I am now married to a wonderful woman who was raised a Mormon (as her entire family was), although I was raised Catholic and still consider myself one.  There is a lot of misinformation out there and I have have found that living in Salt Lake City, knowing and working with many Mormons over these 19 years has been fantastic! They are just as hard working and family oriented as any group of people I've known and I admire them greatly, Dan
Click on the link to read the article.

Study Abroad, Mormon Style - NYTimes.com:

'via Blog this'
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment